As the world responds to the outbreak of COVID-19, our thoughts are with the people affected and the medical professionals working around the clock to help those most at need. At Freedom Fitness, our top priority is the health and safety of our members, staff, and their families. as well as the health and well-being of the communities in which we operate in order to “break the chains” of the coronavirus pandemic.
Gov. Little’s Rebound Idaho plan has progressed to Stage 2 and our gym is safely re-opened now.Stage 2 Rebound Plan
There are a few things we want to be sure you are aware of as you come back to the gym.
- Every other piece of cardio equipment will be out of service
- Signage around the gym reminding to maintain a 6-foot social distance & expectations of members
- Group exercise classes will begin a few weeks after re-opening (more details to come); live/online classes will continue for the time being
- Kid’s club will have limited hours (8:00 – 11:00 am & 6:00 – 8:00 pm Mon -Thurs; 8:00 – 11:00 am Friday; 8:00 – 10:00 am Saturday) and capacity (6 kids max); temperatures will be taken upon entry; please call ahead to schedule a time
- No group personal training available yet
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the club
- Spray bottles with disinfectant will be available throughout the club
- The club will be open 24/7, as long as members maintain social distancing and follow expectations
Expectations of members:
- Do not utilize the club if you feel ill or have a fever
- Masks or glove usage is optional and you must provide your own
- Enter gym through the front door, use self-scanner at the front desk to check into the club; exit gym through the back door
- Wipe down any equipment before and after usage
- May bring personal disinfectant spray bottles if preferred
- Be aware & adhere to social distancing in all areas of the club
- Be aware of capacity limits in workout area, fitness room, and/or daycare
- Membership billing will resume beginning June 5th, 2020
- Members who are not yet comfortable to come back to the gym may choose to freeze their membership for another 30 days
What to expect from staff:
- Staff will increase focus on disinfecting high-touch areas several times throughout the day
- Staff will address any concerns regarding physical distancing
- Monitor usage for any capacity issues throughout the club
- Masks and glove usage will be optional
The health and safety of our staff and club are of the utmost importance to us. We appreciate everyone working together to provide a clean and safe environment as you work to achieve your health & fitness goals, strengthen your immunity system, and bring happiness to your life.
Our valued Freedom Fitness Member,
We wanted to personally reach out again to advise that we are open for business! We have been open since Governor Little gave approval on 05/16/2020 for indoor gyms. We have always prioritized the safety of our members, and in these uncertain times, this is no different. Understanding that it can be scary to resume back to our normal routines, we want you to know that we are here for you.
As you know, safety recommendations — including those for our members and staff — can and will likely change in accordance with the CDC and our state recommendations. You can count on us to keep up-to-date with the latest recommendations by the state and federal government. We will share this information with you on our website freedomfitnessidaho.com and our social media outlets, Facebook, and Instagram. We encourage you to stay safe. This includes continuing to practice safe social distancing and sanitation protocols placed throughout the gym.
We’re working diligently to adapt to new circumstances while planning for the future. Our members have always been the heart of our company. We’re grateful to you, your ongoing support, and that you’re doing your part to flatten the curve. As of now, our class size and Kids Kove restrictions have been removed! During the summer months, class sizes are typically smaller so this helped validate this decision. We are still offering online Facebook live classes that you can access from the comfort of your own home and park classes held at Indian Creek Park in Kuna.
During the closure, we placed all memberships on a billing hold, meaning no dues were charged and all PIF memberships will have time added back on to make up for the time lost. We resumed billing 06/05/2020. We know some of our members still need more time before they return back, if you are interested in placing your account on freeze or extending your freeze, we would be glad to do that! Any questions or concerns can be addressed through our website or over the phone at 208-696-9118.
Again, thank you for all of your support and love! Let’s have a healthy summer!
If you need further assistance, please reach out to our on-site staff during business hours or reach us by email, phone, or through our social connections. Someone will follow up with you no later than 2 business days. If you are not already, make sure to follow us on all social media sites where we’ll continue to post updates.